Course : Applied GIS in Fisheries Management® >
Add value to your projects with GIS Technology. Make accurate, professional and effective project reports for clients and add value to your work.
Public Notice: This is a highly curated and tailored course made after spending years of expertise in the geospatial domain to meet the requirements of the industry in various Geocortex.
Course Name: Applied GIS in Fisheries Management® (Professional Industry Relevant GIS Training Program)
Professional GIS Certification : Yes
Class duration : 1 hour per class / 5 classes per week / Monday to Friday
Course duration : 1 Month
Audience : Fisheries Specialists, Junior Scientists, Fisheries Engineering, Professors, Professionals, Faculty of Fisheries
Mode of Training : GIS training is available as online live training. Online live training (remote live training) is carried out by way of an interactive, remote desktop with your personal instructor aka GIS expert with more than 10 yrs of industry experience.
From 35,500/- INR onwards
30% Course Fee Discount Applied = 24,850/- INR
Please Note : The course fee includes training materials, softwares, geodatabases, invaluable presentations and other essentials which will be provided to all participants during and after the training
Applied GIS in Fisheries is a course that tours and guides you with different strategies of management, marketing, analysis, conservation and analysis. GIS’s varied data distribution tools, mapping tools, monitoring and assessment gives better exposure to marine geography. GIS suggests solutions and planning procedures for an increasing number of problems in the marine environment.
Aim of the course
- The course aims at exposing the unlimited potential use of GIS for fisheries management and reservoirs.
- To assist fisheries managers and decision-makers and provide possible solutions
- Provide tool for analyzing the spatial patterns and evaluating the impacts on reservoir fisheries.
- To improve experience and access on available GIS and Remote Sensing technology
- Offer advantage to update, merge, reproduce and manage maps
About the course
- The course is a study on the application of GIS in fisheries, investigate and analyse by the increased improvement of technology
- Focuses on the management and essential technology and tools for protecting and sustaining the ecosystem
- Allows for combining and analysing multiple layers of geospatial data containing measurements from the environment
- The course provides potential for modelling fish distribution, mapping of suitable habitats and potential fishing grounds, monitoring water quality, change detection and shoreline management
Course Outline Highlights
- Data collection and preparation of GIS layers
- Map making from survey data or survey sketching
- GPS data collection
- Planning and preparing inventories of resources
- Mapping fishing distribution and fishing grounds
- Designing statistical data collection surveys
- Mapping of local environments
Top skills you will learn in this course
- Fisheries management
- Monitoring of catch and effort
- Understanding the variety of techniques for species identification, location and time of capture from GIS and Remote Sensing sources
- Marketing of fishery products
- GIS as a management tool for development and resolving conflicts in aquaculture
Benefit to trainees
- A better understanding the long term climatic changes and the GIS based methodologies to assess the vulnerability
- Become a data miner: data on factors such as waves, water quality, elevation, sediment fluxes, population distribution
- Become a pro in error handling, decision support tools, predicting outcomes and planning strategies.
Important Notice : If you want to join the training program kindly fill the admission form and complete your course fee payment. Post payment you will automatically receive payment receipt and access further information via email. Our team will get in touch with you once we receive your joining application.
Related GIS Courses
- New Course : Professional GIS Course Applied GIS in Civil Engineering®
- New Course : Professional GIS Course Applied GIS in Geology®
- New Course : Professional GIS Course Applied GIS in Agricultural Studies®
- New Course: 3 Months Advanced GIS Applications in Urban Planning & Management Systems® for Urban Planning/Land survey/ Architecture
- New Course: 3 Months Global Certificate in Advanced Data Science®