How To Build a Copacetic Geo Analyst resume in 2021
Posted on May 27, 2021
Geospatial Analyst asses a set of data from the geographical record including aerial photographs, GIS data, cartographic records, soil analysis and preparing maps and GIS is presenting many more opportunities in jobs, research works, projects to make an impact with the work they do. To acquire a position or job in the Geospatial world as a Geospatial Analyst requires a good qualification and knowledge on the subject, possess professional skills, great work experience, and capability of delivering high-end results and also has a lot of responsibilities which fits into a resume. Designing or producing a resume in 2021 has become challenging or can be said as becoming competitive when applying for the post of jobs in any company or organization or your resume standing out from the pile of other resumes. Making an optimized Applicant Tracking System (ATS) resume can sail right through and impress the recruiters.
Tips for creating a standout resume in 2021
A resume is the summation of one’s qualifications, relevant skills, interests and experiences in a field or fields of work. Getting hired or creating a stand-out resume out of all the other applicants has become quite challenging today. One of the quality and value recruiters look for in an employee are productivity and profitability from experience. So, here are some add-on points for creating a stand-out resume for a Geospatial Analyst.
- Create a stick out summary : Includes contact information and credentials. Resumes with a Linkedin profile see higher interview rates today.
- Add job titles, straight-forward and standard headings to clearly label work experiences and skills. Prioritize skills that are used multiple times in the job description.
- Include important keywords or a mix of keywords that are similar to the positions you are interested in, add skills, tagline, heavily under- indexing on soft skills.
- A paragraph of information on what you can do or how you can be an asset to the company or organization.
- Add a section of core competency listed with keywords and word phrases. The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) has released 7 core competencies that form career readiness:
- Critical thinking/ Problem Solving
- Oral/ Written communications
- Teamwork/ Collaboration
- Professionalism/ Work Ethic
- Career Management
- Include measurable metrics to create a more compelling story about yourself and your background.
You can include-
Growth: What are you adding to the company?
Reduction: What are you helping the company save?
Impact: How many people did your work help?
Frequency: How often did you complete tasks?
- Make your resume Applicant Tracking System(ATS) optimized; it is an effective way to increase interview chances. In an ATS, recruiters are likely to search for job titles and hard skills.
Professional skills and work experience a Geo Analyst should possess
A Geospatial Professional is responsible for intersecting of data analysis, programming and cartography and should be detailed-oriented and masterful at solving problems. To get hired or work as a Geo Analyst, recruiters look for skills and experience in-
- Database management and highly skilled in Structured Query Languages(SQL), Python or similar programming languages, advanced technical software to manage spatial and related tabular data and experience in geospatial analysis, feature extraction, data evaluation and manipulation.
- Demonstrating MS Word, PowerPoint, database entry and graphic design principle skills.
- Communicate and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and articulate technical concepts and ideas effectively. A Geospatial Analyst should have excellent time management skills and the ability to judge multiple projects and deadlines.
- Digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, Geographic Information System, geospatial production techniques, remote sensing and photogrammetry.
- Writing procedures, methods, workflow documents and standard operating processes.
- Gathering requirements, determining scope estimate hours needed to develop and deliver custom geospatial analytic solutions to customers.
An excellent resume has the power to grab the attention of employers and recruiters, sell your strongest skills and open doors to the path of more opportunities and success.