Geoinformatics Applications in Urban Planning
The course goes right to the edge of GIS implications and its applications in fields of urban planning and civil engineering. Engineering,Planning and development students who seek to learn powerful new tools in GIS Technology must look forward towards this course.
The market demand for engineers with experience in GIS mapping technology and geo data analysis tools outpace available solutions
Aim of the course
Provide comprehensive instruction in the underlying concepts and principles of geographic information system (GIS) technology and its application to the design and analysis of civil and environmental engineering systems
About the course
Students are trained to become proficient in usage of open source powerful gis softwares through extensive live training sessions, including applications in urban city modeling, database creation, utility and infrastructure management, road network management in urban cities, environmental impact assessment.
The focus is a fundamental understanding of spatial data acquisition, geoprocessing, geostatistical methods; visualization, and querying of spatial data; network modeling, terrain mapping, and spatial analysis.
Week 1 Topic 1. Introduction to GIS engineering applications
- Students will learn about land use management
- Environmental impact assessment
- Students will learn urban hydrologic modelling,
- Applications in mining activities
- water supply design modelling
- applications in transport and communication industry Highways, railway tracks, electric post maintenance, measurement and designing
- solid waste management and hazardous waste management.
Topic 2 Introduction to Desktop GIS
- exploring the software interface and plugins for software tools recognition
- analysis tools box for spatial data management.
Week 2 Topic 3 . GIS spatial data sources applications in the National Information Infrastructure
- creating new data sets from xy events for land availability and development monitoring
- heads-up digitizing
- GPS for GIS data capture.
Topic 4 Spatial data structures in GIS: One of the basic fundamental of data management- (very important)
- map projections and coordinate systems
- map scale, raster and vector spatial data models
- topology and relational query
- selecting and editing features
- displaying and editing tables
- joining and linking tables
Topic 5 . GIS analysis functions and operations
- feature proximity
- creating/editing spatial data
- map display.
Topic 6. Quantum GIS Spatial Analyst Extension
- identifying, displaying
- querying and managing grids
- converting grids
- resampling and generalizing grid data;
- spatial analysis.
Week 3 Topic 7. Urban hydrologic modelling in Urban Planning
- digital elevation model analysis
- least-cost routing
- Watershed management in urban cities
- Urban flood analysis and modelling
Topic 8. Image processing; supervised and unsupervised classification
- image rectification and resampling
- Image Processing tools
- How to analyse the tool box applications
Topic 9. Utility Network Analysis.
- Evaluate highway corridor alternatives
- Students will learn to choose the best alternate route
- Students can present their analysis in their career/various transportation departments
- Map speed limits to to improve traffic flow and traffic safety.
Topic 10. Network Analyst Extension
- network modeling and analysis
- defining cost surfaces
- finding best routes
- closest facility
- service areas
Week 4 Topic 11. Project selection/ Topic discussion
- Working on Live Project.
- Abstract submission
- Data collection and analysis
- Objectives of the study area
- Data types and sources
- Summary and Conclusion
- Results and discussion.
Course Duration: 45 Days (Monday to Friday)
Class timings: Different time slots available
Mode of Training: Online (live sessions with GIS Instructor) and Offline
The trainee will receive a certificate within completion of their training program
Prerequisite Requirements for Online GIS Training 24×7
- Laptop/Desktop Computer
- Windows Operating System
- Optical Mouse
- Headphones with mic
- Internet connection
- 24×7 Support
- Additional assignments of over 30+ hours
Add an credential to your career by taking a personalised learning path
Choose this 1 Month certificate training course which will be awarded by Gis Vision India curated to suit each professional’s training needs. The blended learning approach includes online training, virtual learning and live projects. This course includes several transferable skills such as Basic computer skills, Aerial Imaging,Programming concepts for GIS Applications.
Who Should Take The Course?
This is a very effective learning program for students of engineering, architecture, urban planning, geotechnical engineering and if you want to learn more about the industry applications of GIS and remote sensing techniques used in government organisations, private sectors than this is the right course for you. Get excellent knowledge of the GIS tools used in urban planning, environmental management, Disaster management, land use management, research and development works. Learning this program can excell your technical skill set required at your workplace and boost your confidence as you will possess additional knowledge in this competitive job market. Earn a certificate and use it to distinguish yourself for an accelerated career path
WANT TO APPLY ?
Fill in the training enquiry form. To take this program kindly select course-1 month gis training