Geoinformatics Applications in Earth Science
This is a domain specific program in geoinformatics and remote sensing technology for earth Science background students. This is a certificate course in GIS Professional Training for geography/environmental studies/agricultural science/geology scholars. Gain a high-level understanding of GIS data analysis and mapping in the recently introduced course for earth science students. Guide through data-driven projects with new-age technologies and gain more confidence.
Aim Of the course
The main aim of this course is to help students learn and understand the industry applications and usages of GIS in Geography and Earth Science fields and also to achieve a demanding skill set for the most valuable professional career combination.
About the course
This 3 Months GIS Program is ideal for students and professionals who want to acquire in depth knowledge of GIS applicability in Geophysical and Earth Science frameworks.
This course is aimed for those who are interested to learn about the remote sensing and GIS technologies and their applications in various fields.
- Managing visualizing and integrating data
- Infrastructure Management
- Landfill and Land use site assortment
- Site Analysis/Urban Development and Planning
- Watershed Management
- Spatial Analysis/Cost Reduction in Projects
- Providing Accuracy GIS Data and Analytics
Personalised Learning Path
This certificate training course is curated to suit each professional’s training needs. The blended learning approach includes online training, virtual learning and live projects. This course includes several transferable skills such as Basic computer skills, Aerial Imaging,Programming concepts for GIS Applications.
Course Learning Module
- How to use GIS for commercial mapping? (Geographical Information System software interface and exploring with different softwares) Digital Image Processing and Methodologies
- How to understand and assign perfect Coordinate system for pinpoint targeting, Geo tagging spatial and non spatial elements
- Automatic Digitisation Techniques by artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Symbology and Labelling/Map Publishing/Online maps generation for laptop, mobile and cloud mapping.
- Learn how to edit maps, database, auto error checker for maps and other essential tools for map editing
- File extensions used for database sharing/Otho rectification/Spatial Analysis
- Create your own Geodatabase/ Database management/Domain creation
- Shuttle Radar Topography Mission Data
- High Resolution Satellite Imagery Micro Analysis
- Cloud based maps- Bridging the gap between paper maps and Technology
- Road Network Analysis tools for Rural-Urban transport and communication
- 3D Visualisation Techniques for Elevation models both physical and man made features
- Introduction on Web Mapping Applications and generating Web maps.
GIS tools highlights used for the above mentioned applicational usage
- Introduction to GIS- creating shp file point, line and polygon (digitisation the foundation of gis)
- GIS Applications- Military and Utility, Natural Hazards, Forest and Mining,Environmental Conservation
- Remote Sensing- Remote sensing process, Active and passive remote sensing, (EMR) Electro Magnetic Radiation, Resolution and types
- Global Positioning Systems (gps)- Method of operation, DGPS, Application in planning, GIS/GPS basic concepts
- Georeferencing- Introduction, Ground Control Points, Raw Satellite Image (before rectification), Types of rectification
- Basic components of map- Introduction, map scaling, geographical grids, datum, map projection, large and small scale maps, scale bars, latitude and longitudinal variations, datum
- Layers of GIS- Data source and input techniques
- Data Representation- Spatial and non spatial data representation
- Vector data representation, raster data representation, attribute table, relational database model, attribute data creation
- Spatial Analysis- Buffer analysis, data query by location, heat maps, crime analysis
- Flood analysis
- Hydrology modelling- morphometric characterisation of watersheds 1. linear aspect 2. aerial aspect 3. relief aspect, prioritisation on sub watershed
- Web mapping GIS- plugins used in gis for mobile mapping and cloud maps for 24×7 access
- Terrain analysis models- slope analysis, contour modelling, finding out aspect ratio in hilly terrains
- Land Use susceptibility modelling
- Road network modelling for highways and transport departments
- Interpolation tools for chemical concentration data
- 3D data mapping: animation and interface, 3D view of surface, river basins, hilly terrain features and many more
- Historical maps comparison for previous years data for agricultural purpose, land use land cover mapping and analysis of green cover change detection, water body change detection, seasonal migration variability due to flood and other factors.
- Future applications of gis
Softwares you will be experts at
Benefit to our trainees
Students who complete the course program will be put under our Placement Incubation Program as a part of which they will be assisted with interview preparation process. Guidance is also provided on resume profile building and tricks of trade to improve social marketability reach of the resume across industries
Trainees will be provided with GIS Project work under the guidance of Gis Vision India engaging in a collaborative student -mentor interaction
Prerequisite Requirements for Online GIS Training 24×7
- Laptop/Desktop Computer
- Windows Operating System
- Optical Mouse
- Headphones with mic
- Internet connection
- 24×7 Support
- Additional assignments of over 30+ hours
- Live Free Webinars
- Lifetime Geodatabase access (GDB)
Course Duration: 3 Months
Class timings: Different time slots available
Mode of Training: Online (live sessions with GIS Instructor) and Offline
The trainee will receive a certificate within completion of their training program
Live online classes are better than ever
1. Flexibility to learn from home during COVID-19 Pandemic
2. Class Timings Available from 10:0am-9:00pm
3. More comfortable learning environment at home
4. Career Advancement in GIS
5. 24X7 Training Support
Jobs in the field of Geo Science in India
The top sectors creating the most Geo information science jobs are BFSI, Energy, Environmental Management, Healthcare Industry, Media, Defence sector, Agriculture and Retail. The maximum demand for Geo Scientists are in the Metros cities like Delhi-NCR,Mumbai, Bangalore. It’s demand is also catching up in emerging cities like Pune and Assam, Meghalaya.
Geo Science Projects in India
The Indian government has initiated several geo science projects in the fields of Agriculture, Electricity, Water, Healthcare, Education, Road Traffic Safety, and Air Pollution. The Government of India has initiated several geo data science research initiatives as well.
Role of Open Source Tools in Analytics
Q gis and web gis plugins are easy to learn and maintain and therefore a act as an add-on for developers in Geoinformation Science. Their extended libraries make it possible to stretch the applications of Earth Process Modelling.
Industry Application of Geodata Science
Data Science is used for securities fraud early warning, card fraud detection systems, demand enterprise risk management, analysis of healthcare information, seismic interpretation, reservoir characterization, energy exploration, traffic control, and route planning.
Who Should Take The Course?
If you are a student of geography/environmental science/agricultural studies/geology or any other earth science discipline and you want to learn more about the industry applications of GIS and remote sensing techniques used in government organisations,private sectors than this is the course for you. Get excellent knowledge of the GIS tools used in, environmental management, chemical data distribution maps, disaster management, agricultural research, crop management, pest management, risk assessment, watershed management, urban planning and other development works. Learning this program can excell your technical skill set required at your workplace and boost your confidence as you will possess additional knowledge in this competitive market. Earn a certificate and use it to distinguish yourself for an accelerated career path
WANT TO APPLY ?
Fill in the training enquiry form. To take this program kindly select- 3 months advanced gis training program